The Skilled Helper A Problem Management and Opportunity-Development Approach to Helping 9th Edition Gerard Test Bank
The Test Bank for The Skilled Helper 9th Edition by Gerard is an essential resource designed to assist instructors in assessing their students’ knowledge and understanding of the problem management and opportunity-development approach to helping. The textbook, The Skilled Helper, provides a practical guide to helping individuals in a variety of contexts, including counseling, social work, and human services.
The Test Bank includes a range of question types, including multiple-choice, true/false, and short answer questions, organized by chapter to correspond with the material covered in the textbook. The questions are designed to test students’ knowledge of key helping concepts and their ability to apply that knowledge to real-world situations.
Table of content
1. Introduction to Helping.
2. The Helping Relationship: Values in Action.
3. Overview of the Helping Model.
4. Stage I: The Current Picture: Task 1Partner with Clients to Help Them Tell Their Stories.
5. The Communication Skills of Therapeutic Dialogue: The Skills of Tuning in & Actively Listening to Clients.
6. Empathic Responding: Working at Mutual Understanding.
7. The Art of Probing and Summarizing.
8. Stage I: Task 2Facilitate Client Self-Challenge: From New Perspectives to New Behavior.
9. Stage I: Task 3Partner with Clients in Their Search for Value.
10. Introduction to Stages II and III: Decisions, Goals, Outcomes, and Impact.
11. Stage II: The Preferred PictureHelp Clients Design a Better Future and Commit Themselves to It.
12. Stage III: The Way ForwardHelp Clients Develop Plans to Accomplish Goals.
13. The Action Arrow: Making It All Happen.