Test Bank for Foundations of Adult Health nursing 3rd edition by Lois White Duncan Baumle
“Foundations of Adult Health Nursing” is a comprehensive textbook that provides students with an in-depth understanding of the concepts, principles, and practices of adult health nursing. The third edition, authored by Lois White and Gena Duncan, with contributions from Wendy Baumle, includes up-to-date information on healthcare delivery and nursing practice, and covers a wide range of topics such as health assessment, pharmacology, and medical-surgical nursing.
The test bank for “Foundations of Adult Health Nursing” 3rd edition is a collection of questions that instructors can use to assess students’ knowledge and comprehension of the textbook material. The questions are designed to challenge students and evaluate their critical thinking skills, and are categorized by chapter and topic.
The test bank includes multiple choice, true/false, matching, and short answer questions that cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Health assessment and history taking
- Pharmacology and medication administration
- Nursing care of patients with respiratory, cardiovascular, and gastrointestinal disorders
- Nursing care of patients with neurological, musculoskeletal, and endocrine disorders
- Nursing care of patients with renal and urinary disorders
- Nursing care of patients with oncologic, immunologic, and hematologic disorders
Instructors can use the test bank questions to create exams and quizzes that reflect the learning objectives and outcomes of their courses, and to assess students’ progress and comprehension throughout the semester.
Overall, the “Foundations of Adult Health Nursing” 3rd edition test bank is a valuable resource for nursing instructors who want to challenge and evaluate their students’ knowledge and understanding of adult health nursing.
Unit 1. Foundations.
1. Student Nurse Skills for Success.
2. Holistic Care.
3. Nursing History, Education, and Organizations.
4. Legal and Ethical Responsibilities.
Unit 2 – The Health Care Environment.
5. The Health Care Delivery System
6. Arenas of Care.
Unit 3 – Communication.
8. Client Teaching.
9. Nursing Process/Documentation/Informatics.
Unit 4 – Developmental and Psychosocial Concerns.
10. Lifespan Development.
11. Cultural Considerations.
12. Stress, Adaptation, and Anxiety.
13. Loss, Grief, and Death.
Unit 5 – Health Promotion.
14. Wellness Concepts.
15. Self-concept (NEW).
16. Spirituality (NEW).
17. Complementary/Alternative Therapies.
18. Basic Nutrition.
19. Rest and Sleep.
Unit 6 – Infection Control.
21. Infection Control/Asepsis.
22. Standard Precautions and Isolation.
23 . Bioterrorism (NEW).
Unit 7 – Fundamental Nursing Care.
24. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance.
25. Medication Administration and IV Therapy.
27. Pain Management.
28. Diagnostic Tests.
Unit 8 – Nursing Procedures.
29. Basic Procedures.
30. Intermediate Procedures
31. Advanced Procedures
Unit 9. Essential Concepts.
Unit 10 Nursing Care of the Client: Oxygenation and Perfusion.
35. Respiratory System.
36. Cardiovascular System.
37. Hematologic and Lymphatic Systems.
Unit 11. Nursing Care of the Client: Digestion and Elimination.
38. Gastrointestinal System.
39. Urinary System.
Unit 12. Nursing Care of the Client: Mobility, Coordination, and Regulation.
40. Musculoskeletal System.
41. Neurological System.
42. Sensory System.
43. Endocrine System.
Unit 13. Nursing Care of the Client: Reproductive and Sexual Health.
44. Reproductive System.
45. Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
Unit 14. Nursing Care of the Client: Body Defenses.
46. Integumentary System.
47. Immune System.
Unit 15. Nursing Care of the Client: Physical and Mental Integrity.
48. Mental Illness.
49. Substance Abuse.
Unit 16. Nursing Care of the Client: Older Adult
50. The Older Adult.
Unit 17. Nursing Care of the Client: Health Care in the Community.
51. Rehabilitation, Home Health, Long-Term Care and Hospice.
Unit 18. Applications.
52. Responding to Emergencies.
Section III. Maternal & Pediatric Nursing.
54. Prenatal Care.
55. Complications of Pregnancy.
56. The Birth Process.
57. Postpartum Care.
58. Newborn Care.
59. Basics of Pediatric Care.
60. Infants with Special Needs.
61. Common Childhood Disorders.
Appendix A. NANDA Nursing Diagnoses 2009-2011.
Appendix B. Recommended Childhood and Adolescent Immunization Schedule.
Appendix C. Abbreviations, Acronyms, and Symbols.
Appendix D. English/Spanish Words and Phrases.