Test Bank For Advertising And Promotion Canadian 6th Edition By Guolla
Enhance your Advertising and Promotion learning experience with the Test Bank for Advertising and Promotion Canadian 6th Edition by Guolla. With thousands of multiple choice, true or false, short answer, and fill-in-the-blank questions, this test bank provides students with the opportunity to practice their learning on their own time and customise their pace.
From Social Media Strategies to Digital Advertising Dispersion Models, Trends in Digital Market Research to Mobile Marketing Strategies – this test bank has it all. When used in association with the textbook, users gain an optimal level of comprehension that would otherwise be challenging to attain.
Test Bank is the perfect companion for current students looking to master Advertising and Promotion concepts and hone their skills rapidly! Receive comprehensive coverage of key topics while being supplied with quick reference material that’s simple to find – no matter what stage you’re at in your marketing studies.
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
- 1) An advertising agency that is set up, owned, and operated by the advertiser is called a(n): A) client management firm B) in-house agency
C) full-service agency D) centralized systemAnswer: B
- 2) A major reason for a client using a(n) ________ is to reduce advertising and promotion costs. A) client management system B) full-service system
C) self-sufficient agency D) in-house agencyAnswer: D
- 3) Companies who use a combination of in-house and outside agencies tend to use the external firms mostly for:A) sales presentations B) creative and media services
C) direct mail pieces D) weekly circulars Answer: B
- 4) A major reason why some companies choose to use an in-house agency is to: A) maintain creative freshnessB) win advertising awards that will enhance the image of their brands C) better understand how advertising works
D) reduce advertising and promotions costs
- 5) Lack of sufficient internal expertise and personnel growing stale while working on the same product might be reasons why a company might move away from:A) the use of full-service advertising agencies B) a brand marketing system
C) an in-house agency D) the use of creative boutiques Answer: C
- 6) Joe Fresh moved its creativity in-house from an agency in order to: A) better understand how advertising worksB) encourage its staff to think about the brand
C) provide full service at a lower cost
D) employ creatives from Target, who might have expertise in the U.S. market
- 7) Target’s internal creative department handles the design of each of these elements EXCEPT:
A) weekly circulars
C) in-store displays Answer: B
B) branding initiatives D) direct-mail pieces
8) Which of the following is assigned to Target’s outside agencies? A) direct-mail pieces
B) branding and image-oriented communication C) weekly circulars and in-store displays
- 9) Which of the following statements explains why an organization would want to use an outside advertising agency?
- A) An outside advertising agency has more knowledge of the brand’s identity and its previous promotional activities.
- B) An outside advertising agency helps the client gain more prestige and a better image.
- C) An outside advertising agency provides the client with the services of highly skilled individualswho are experts in a number of areas including creative, media, and research.
- D) An outside advertising agency saves money for the client.
- 10) When a client works for many years with a primary agency whose focus is on building the client’s brand, it is known as a(n):A) agency-of-record (AOR) B) full-service relationship
C) principle agency D) primary service provider Answer: A
11) Which of the following best describes an Agency-of-Record (AOR)?
A) the primary agency whose foremost interest is in building the client’s brand
B) an agency that performs work on a project-by-project basis
C) an agency that is subcontracted by the client directly for a particular assignment D) the previous agency who did work for a particular client
12) Which of the following statements about advertising agencies is true?
- A) Agencies must be used since companies do not have the capabilities of developing their ownadvertising.
- B) Most large agencies offer only creative services to their clients.
- C) Most large, national advertisers use in-house agencies.
- D) Agencies are often used because of the skill, expertise, and experience they can offer in the advertising area.
- 13) International multiservice agencies were formed by mergers and acquisitions of mid-sized agencies in order to:A) forge stronger alliances between agencies and their clients
B) eliminate the need for domestic agencies
C) provide integrated marketing communications services worldwide
D) market their services more broadly Answer: D
- 14) Major agencies that offer an ever-broadening range of IMC services would be more appropriately called:A) multinational creative boutiques B) advertising agencies
C) marketing communication agencies D) full-service partners Answer: C
- 15) Which type of ad agency is most likely to assist the client in areas such as marketing strategy and research, campaign planning and execution, and media planning and buying?A) a media buying service B) a creative boutique
C) a full-service agency D) a collateral agency Answer: C
16) A full-service agency offers its clients all of the following EXCEPT: A) human resources management
B) public relations expertise
C) full range of marketing, communication, and promotion services D) research and creative development
17) An ad agency that offers its clients a complete range of marketing, communication, and promotion services is known as a(n):
A) comprehensive marketing organization B) in-house agency
C) full-service agency D) media buying service Answer: C
18) The communications link between the ad agency and its clients is:
A) creative services B) media
C) marketing services D) account services
19) The ________ is responsible for understanding the advertiser’s marketing and promotional needs and interpreting them to agency personnel.
A) marketing specialist
C) account executive Answer: C
B) media specialist D) copywriter
20) The agency person who is the focal point of the agency-client relationship is the: A) product manager B) brand manager
C) account executive D) media buyer
21) The function of gathering, analyzing, and interpreting information that will be useful in developing advertising is the responsibility of the agency’s ________ department.
A) research B) production
C) account management D) traffic Answer: A
22) Which of the following functions is NOT performed by the agency’s research department? A) interpreting information to assist in advertising decision-making
B) disseminating information to agency account planners
C) designing, executing, and interpreting primary research studies
D) planning the creative and media strategies for the advertising campaign
- 23) The ________ in an agency interacts with personnel from all disciplines and provides insights into consumers and how to communicate with them.A) account planner B) traffic manager
C) account executive D) media director Answer: A
- 24) Advertising ideas and concepts are derived from the creative brief, which includes information about consumers, competitors, and the market. This is the responsibility of the:A) media director B) account planner
C) account executive D) creative director Answer: B
- 25) The department in an advertising agency that is responsible for analyzing, selecting, and contracting for ad space or time that will be used to deliver its client’s advertising message is the ________ department.A) marketing research B) account services
C) public relations D) media Answer: D
- 26) The ________ department is becoming an increasingly important part of the agency business as many large advertisers consolidate their media buying with one or a few agencies to save money and improve media efficiency.
C) product management Answer: B
- 27) Since most of the client’s ad budget is spent on media time and/or space, it is important that the media department:A) develops a plan that communicates to the right audience in a cost-efficient manner B) focuses on purchasing commercial time on the most popular shows
C) coordinates with the creative department to ensure that concepts are not too complex
D) creates a plan that utilizes the least expensive media vehicles Answer: A
- 28) The ________ are the individuals who conceive the ideas for the ads and write the advertising message.A) account executives B) traffic coordinators
C) copywriters D) art directors Answer: C
- 29) The ________ is responsible for creating the visual portion of an ad such as layouts and the commercial storyboards.A) art director, graphic designer, or studio artist B) copywriter
C) product management department
D) account executive Answer: A
- 30) After the creative brief is reviewed and the overall concept has been developed, the ________ is responsible for developing how the ad will look.A) account director B) art director or the art department
C) copywriter D) product management department Answer: B